on August 3rd, 2018
Comments Off on Quick Tips for Safe RV Usage
Recreational vehicles (RVs) can be a fun way to see the country and spend time with your family. However, because they’re bigger and heavier than an average car, there are additional hazards that come with owning and operating an RV.
Many RV accidents can be avoided by following these helpful tips:
- Know the weight capacity of your RV.
- Perform a complete pre-trip inspection. Check the tire pressure, tread depth, headlights, tail lights, turn signals, belts, oil levels, hitch and other towing equipment, and windshield wipers before leaving.
- Know the height of your RV and pay close attention to overhangs and clearance heights.
- Watch your speed, especially at night and during dusk.
- Slow down on blind curve areas of the roadway.
- Use your high beams at night to see animals and other obstructions.
- Always wear a seat belt.